The Indian Lake Board of Trustees will meet Monday March 16th at 9am to decide next steps for the library during the pandemic.
Our goal is to keep patrons and staff safe during this time. The library has cancelled all programming for the remainder of March. At the end of the month, we will reevaluate the situation based on circumstances. Please be safe and take care of each other.
In order to mitigate exposure to the virus, the library is encouraging patrons to:
- Avoid public gathering spaces, such as the library, if you feel unwell.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Hand sanitizer is currently in short supply, but staff can supply patrons with a dose upon request until we have more. We are working with the Hamilton Co. Health Dept. to procure supplies.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your nose and mouth when sneezing, sneeze into a tissue and throw the tissue into the trash or sneeze into your sleeve (elbow) if a tissue is not available.
- At this time, please place all returns in the book drop. Please do not bring returns into the library and place on circulation desks.
To get information about the pandemic, please visit the Southern Adirondack Library System’s blog: https://salsblog.sals.edu/
Other Useful links:
- New York State Coronavirus Hotline: (888) 364-3065
- World Health Organization: COVID-19
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: COVID-19
- New York State Department of Health: Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)