Installment #4 of the Indian Lake Library’s Big Crafty will be Wednesday September 30th and will have us crafting a fabulous fabric bowl! You know that awesome fabric scrap stash some of us have at home, just sitting there waiting for the perfect project?
Well, we think we’ve stumbling upon a great, easy project to try that’ll rescue those lonely scraps from obscurity. Even if you don’t have a stash, you may know someone who does, or we can provide you with some if you need them.
You’ll need to register by filling out the registration form below, please register multiple participants in a household separately. By registering you will receive two things you’ll need in order to participate:
- The exclusive link to the program which you will join on Wed. Sept. 30th at 6:30
- The materials kits with the unique supplies you’ll need to make our projects
Kits for this project will be ready to pick up starting Thursday September 25th. You may pick up your supplies anytime during our curbside pick up hours Mondays through Saturdays; click here for details on how to do that: https://indianlake.sals.edu/contactless-curbside-service/
While the kits will have the unique supplies, we hope you will have on hand a few basics, these are:
- 1 inch foam brush or cheap paint brush (quality not that important)
- plastic wrap
- a bowl of your choice (A cereal bowl or similar, nothing too huge, interesting shapes are ok. The bowl won’t be ruined, so don’t worry)
- newspapers or something to cover your work surface
- paper towels or damp sponge for your fingers while you work
- A stash of fabric scraps of your choice (roughly 2 square feet’s worth, in pieces is ok)
Everything else we will provide! We have enough supplies for 20 participants, so sign up soon!
New to online programs and not sure how to do a Zoom meeting? Not to worry! The registration form gives you the chance to ask for our help figuring out Zoom prior to the program!
Zoom links will go out Tuesdays, with a reminder sent Wednesday afternoons.
Here’s the form (We promise NOT to share any of your info with anyone):